Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

1000 Posts!

Golly Mrs. Cleaver, you sure are prolific.

I don't know if anything I've ever written here has been worthy of the generous time you give me to read, but I've sure had fun doing it. I don't see an end in sight, but sure don't think any one will EVER knock on my door to ask to pay me to do this.

I'm witty, but prone to distraction or worse, will get caught up in a topic like bad customer service and beat it to death. DULL.

Current events are something I keep up on but my just left of center views are not unique enough to warrant wide distribution.

I'm also finding that sarcasm doesn't translate to income. HA! It has for a select few - Dennis Miller, and those folks on FOX news. Oh wait, they aren't trying to be funny when they question the Presidents citizenship? (To be fair to you FOX news fans... I am 100% aware that my beloved NPR slants their messaging too... yes it is "liberal" but at least it's not about ratings.)

Jason and I were talking about the news media outlets and we agree that until the "news" is not subject to ratings and not dependent on advertising for financial support we will continue to have Entertainment News - like MSNBC, FOX and even the "big" networks. I'm not sure what the solution is - print media is suffering these days, and the idea of government funded news frightens me.

I, like many people in my peer group, am guilty of getting most of my news from the Internet, where all things truthful can be found! Most Internet outlets get their news feeds from the AP - which gets their stories from reporters on the street "getting the story". If newspapers die (RIP Seattle Post Intelligencer) then who will feed the AP? Perez Hilton? That's a good idea if you only care where Jessica Alba is today.

Lastly, no celebration blog of 1000 posts would be complete without news of the wedding!


I picked up my dress today. Here's a photo!


You didn't think you were getting anything but a close up did you?

Thanks again for being a reader! ( i love you too Mom!)

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

Last night as they were reading listener feedback on NPR, they read a message from a listener who said she'd had it with their one-sided reporting FAVORING the interrogation techniques authorized by the Bush administration. She said they'd lost her as a listener as of then. I wondered what on earth she'd been listening to, because it sure wasn't what I'd been hearing.

I wonder where she's going to go to find a MORE liberal source of radio news?