Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Suburban Stylist - the inspiration

Being on the road allows me to surf the Internet while in my hotel room at night. Last night I found a website that is devoted to the story of one New York fashionista who is attempting to demonstrate that you can be fashionable and not spend a fortune. She is wearing the same “Little Black Dress” for one month and showing how it can be accessorized in different ways from the items in her closet. Each day she posts a picture of what she is wearing for the day and describes the outfit. (http://www.societystylist.com/)


She is on day 16 and she’s at Costco in front of a two pack of plasma televisions wearing her LBD, her $3295 Deco Glamour watch, Marc Jacobs grey jacket, Banana Republic shoes, Hermes Clic Clacs bracelets and Elli Grace handbag … oh and St. John White belt. She blogs about each item and how the outfit got her through the day – it is truly an exercise in things that don’t matter. Don't get me wrong, she looks great and those bangles are fun.





Because it is silly and trite, you know that I LOVE IT.



And, since I have no original ideas of my own I have decided to follow suit. I can’t be bothered to wear the same thing over and over again, and I clearly don’t have the treasure trove of accessories that she has at her disposal so my version may not be quite as “fashonista” but it will be real.

I’ll try to keep it up until Monday. (who has 30 days?) Watch here for a Suburban Stylist post for today. But first I have to run to the bathroom and take a picture of outfit for today.

No comments: