Pages

Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Wedding is Off!

When things start to go wrong I think it is best to just throw in the towel and be done with the whole thing.

While waiting for my lunch to cook I fielded a phone call from the fortune cookie lady. She had the worst news EVER. It turns out that the message that was supposed to go in the chocolate cookies was printed into the red cookies and the red cookie messages were put in the chocolate cookies.

THAT'S IT; I QUIT!


In all seriousness, she sounded pretty scared to tell me. In fact, she was about to offer to have them redone. I can not imagine being the kind of person who would really care about such a thing - but based on her tentative tone I'm sure that person exists. We'll see what happens.

UPDATE:

I called Martha Stewart and she told me it would be ok to have the cookies swapped and that no one would ever know, or care, so I guess the wedding is back on.

Whew.

2 comments:

MWR said...

Don't you know it is most inauspicious to serve fortune cookies at a wedding?

PNB Dave said...

Jesus, TP. You freaked the hell out of me.