Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And today we are in...

Salt Lake City!
I got some flack for my "grown up" post so I'm back with more of my useless opinions about things that don't matter.
I'm in San Jose this week for the second of three trips in a row that are filling the month of august (and my Alaska Airlines credit card.) I'm sure I've mentioned that the morning flight to San Jose leaves at 6:45 am which means a 5:00 am home departure is necessary. It's a brutal and terrible moment when the alarm rings at 4:00. But... I'd rather come early in the morning than the night before.
The only reason any of this is relevant (if it is at all) is that today my alarm rang at 3:15 am. Yes, folks - 3:15 am. Part of the team were on a 6:45 flight to Salt Lake City. But - instead of flying out of San Jose Airport (which is less than 2 miles from my hotel) we flew out of Oakland. It was a 45 minute drive. ICK.
We are only here for the day and will be on the 8:50pm flight home.
I think I can safely say that this has been a long day. We are waiting for one of our members to finish up his executive chit chats so we can go have dinner and then head back to the airport.
It may be a wrong assumption, but I'm pretty sure I won't be in the office at 8:00 am tomorrow. Tonight I will slip the do not disturb sign on the door and turn off any alarms and sleep until I wake up. That is my diabolical plan. Don't call me at 7am - my phone will likely be on mute. I love you, but don't want to talk to you before 9am tomorrow.

Anyway.... that's my story. I'm ready to come home. (Always am after the second day away from home, and especially so today with the side trip.)
Enjoy the rain Seattle people! It's 91 here.

No comments: