Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Da Beach

Congrats to Cousin Vern who married is lady this weekend in a small ceremony in Cannon Beach, Or.

Vern & Kelsey told Jason and I that they thought we were crazy for doing the big wedding thing. However, this is a second marriage for both of them and they understand our excitement over our first (and likely only) wedding. Vern was very specific in telling us that they wanted a tiny intimate ceremony and weren’t going to invite anyone but immediate family. Jason and I opted to respect their wishes and stayed away. We sent a small gift (even though Kelsey said they didn’t need anything) because it was a wedding for pete sake. Mom said she fielded some questions from the aunts as to where Jason and I were this weekend.

But.. where were we? Long Beach! Oh what a great time we had. There was salt water taffy, playing in the surf, exploring the lighthouses, the board walk, the bumper cars, a few unfortunate shots of tequila (It is official, I can’t DO tequila.) We discovered that the Tilt-A-Whirl is a bad idea after a gin and tonic. We stayed at these cute little bungalows on the main beach approach. It was wonderful to be able to walk to all the Long Beach attractions. Saturday we ventured into Ilwaco and had lunch at the port. The Saturday art fair is fun and being there when the fishing boats come in is exciting. People cruise up the walk with their catch. We ran into (or rather I stalked down) one of my favorite beach guys and said hello.

Jason thinks I’m fibbing about the questionable weather at the beach. All three times we’ve gone down it has been amazing. Honest… it rains at the beach.

The only hassle is the actual getting there. It was a four hour drive to get there and we skipped most of the I-5 portion of the trip by taking back roads (18).

When I return to my own computer I’ll post some of the pix from the fun fun trip.

2 comments:

PNB Dave said...

Did you see Jake?

Jody said...

It seems to me that I heard you might have killed a poor canary in a pitch black cave? Was that a falsehood?