Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Eeek...is it ruined?

I was reading an online blog today and the author was talking about the planning for her wedding. (exciting stuff eh?). She scared me with discussions about lighting. Of all the details we have discussed and mulled over lighting isn't on of the
I hope that this just doesn't matter or that it won't be noticed. I'm not about to scramble for professional lighting for our dance floor.

It would be cool to have mood lighting for dinner and then groovy disco lighting for the party but would the bill for such things be cool?

I recall a wedding reception held in the atrium of the WaMu Tower and recall the live band, the happy couple and little else. Their ceremony was lovely but I don't recall special lighting.

In fact, I can't think of a single wedding that has special lighting. Wait, I take it back. The gal with the 8 bridesmaids and 6 JR bridesmaids who held their reception at the Olympic Hotel had special lighting but she also had an actual radio personality as the MC. She was (is) in a different financial league than we are. No judgement...lucky girl. Actually what I remember most about that bride is that after dating the wrong guys for ages and ages but finally met a mild unlikely fellow who turned out to be the love of her life. Yeah!!!!

So, back to the lighting. I think it will be skipped and not missed.

2 comments:

PNB Dave said...

The only thing special lighting MIGHT do is make your guests look better. You, my friend, are going to be gorgeous no matter how you're illuminated.

- A mild unlikely fellow, still waiting

Jody said...

Yeah..don't worry about the lighting..your wedding and reception will be lovely regardless of the lighting.