Pages

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I am, and have always been, full of crap!

I have been in seven weddings as a full fledged bridesmaid and involved in countless others as a helpful person doing things from paid coordinator to seasoned friend with lots of wedding experience.

In every case, the bride has at one point expressed that she was having stress dreams about the wedding. In every case I consoled my dear friends with this comforting comment:

"It's good luck to have bad dreams about the wedding! It means things will go well on your day."

I confess here and now that I made that crap up. It's not good luck - stress is stress and all it means is that you've got a lot to do.

I openly apologize to anyone I may have lied to, and will share with you that I am having stress dreams about this wedding. The dreams range from terrible things happening to Jason to having verbal fights with "that one relative" who is seemingly using our wedding as an intentional "FU" to members of the family. I'm not having food poisoning dreams, nor disaster dreams involving hair or *gasp* someone showing up in white...but little dreams that wake me up and I can't get back to sleep.

Will someone please lie to me and tell me these episodes are good luck and I should welcome them. I may believe you.

3 comments:

MWR said...

Look, it's good luck in a sense that the calculus test is not tomorrow, that you did not murder those people, etc. Enjoy the relief.

Um, I'm sorry . . . lost my train of thought--what kind of dreams did you say you were having?

MJS said...

I won't lie to you TPGal...I think you mean "FY", not "FU".

Kisses!

PNB Dave said...

I was going to wear white...should I re-think that?