Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Suburban Stylist... failure

Ok, so I didn't even make it 3 days with my attempt to mock the New York fashionista who is wearing the same outfit everyday for a month.

I wanted to post about my special outfits for Saturday, but who had the time? And, it wasn't funny.

Let's see...what's going on? Um...I'm home this week! Woo Woo. For the first time in a month I didn't have to get up at 4:15 am to get ready to go to the airport. Sleeping in my own bed is wonderful!

Oddly, or ironically...Jason had to get up today at 4:30 am to help some store on the east coast install a new server. We get a break tomorrow because his call is at 5:30. (Not that we're sleeping in the same room! It's just that his alarm is so loud it wakes me up from the guest room, yeah that's the story.)

Hey, this is funny. Last year I ordered a rare book for my dad as a Christmas gift. I ordered it on Halloween, which should have been plenty of time for it to get from where ever USA to my door. However, by Thanksgiving it still hadn't arrived and I had an argument with the seller (on Amazon) about my address and the fact that it hadn't arrived. They talked to me like I was trying to get the book for free. I ended up ordering it from another bookstore and it came barely in time for the holidays.

Last week in the mail a rare paperback book arrived unwrapped with a single 81/2 x 11 piece of paper folded in the cover with my address on it. The book is in amazing condition considering it looks as though it was "mailed" with no wrapping or box.

Other than that (I'm ignoring the wedding today) we are hanging out at home and Jason is having fun loading the three CD's Becky made for us into our iTunes library. Thank you!

Oh, and lets everyone send good vibes to Becky's son Collin who is having his tonsils out tomorrow. I'm sure he will be fine, but Mom may need the calming thoughts sent her way.

No comments: