Pages

Thursday, May 06, 2010

She speaks

Well, look who has been too busy to hammer out an online essay for your enjoyment.

I have some quick thoughts that may or may not be interesting,  most likely not, but you never know.

We bought a sailing trip at an auction and I'm enjoying the process of planning when we'll get to go.  Captain Chris seems like a nice guy and his boat looks solid.  It looks like it will be an August activity.  I hope early August because I'd like Chelsey & Doug to come and she's "due" in September and I doubt she'll want to be rolling around on a sailboat at 8 1/2 months.  Or 36 weeks - or however the preggo people tell time.

The in-laws are coming in June for the wedding of the son of Jason's cousin.  We are trying to work out fun things to do.  Maybe Teatro ZinZanni.  It's like a theater version of Circ du Solei but with dinner and drinks.

Jason and I might be hosting the church "FAN" group for a BBQ also in June.   FAN stands for something, but is essentially a grown up get together for people without kids (or who are willing to leave the kids at home).  I haven't told him yet, but I've hung with the churchy people before and it is quite fun.  They will bring meat and sides and we'll provide beer/wine/soda, plates and some sort of bbq dessert (can you say special brownies?)    Our little back yard should be able to handle it quite well and while we don't have tons of outside seating if the weather is good we can take a table outside.  It will be June, so we'll likely be inside with the BBQ tucked under the eave of the house like we do in the winter. 

I asked for official permission to attend the conference in London, and then backed off with a "you know, I would rather attend the one in Boston in the fall and XXX event.  Those two combined will be cheaper than the London thing.  We'll see what the reply is.  London would be cool, but REALLY expensive and even though it isn't my money it seems crazy.


The oh-so-thoughtful-Mother's Day gifts were delivered this morning and I hope the items we selected look nice upon arrival and are spectacular by Sunday.  Jason's mom will have no doubt in her mind that it originated from me, but isn't better Mother's Day swag the perk of raising a nice boy who marries a nice girl? 

That's about it for now.  Later.

2 comments:

TP Gal's Husband's work wife: The Jod said...

Love it!

" Jason's mom will have no doubt in her mind that it originated from me, but isn't better Mother's Day swag the perk of raising a nice boy who marries a nice girl?"

You're damn right darling!!

PNB Dave said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA. When you say "special brownies," do you mean (ahem) SPECIAL brownies?!