Pages

Friday, August 08, 2008

08-08-08

I took the day off today to get "party stuff" done, and here it is noon and so far... it's all been personal grooming and boyfriend stalking.

Toes - newly painted
Fingernails - newly manicured
Eye Brows - newly shorn
Hair - appt. made

Car - not packed
flowers - not purchased
food - not purchased
table - couldn't collapse it, and am trying to work something else out.

Boyfriend - eStalked (texts and email) This poor guy. He's only out of town until Tuesday morning and I'm worried that I'm turning into Glenn Close. Actually, now that the activities of the day are picking up I'm pretty sure the estalking activities will go down. Don't worry that it's all me either - the communication is pretty evenly distributed inbound and outbound.

I'm really starting to feel bad (not really the right word) about the 22 day Greece trip. I'm going to have a blast and am so happy that I'm doing this for myself. For the record there has been no suggestion of trip cancellation or shortening, but it will suck for both of us to be out of contact for that long. Maybe I'll outsource my part of the relationship to someone for those three weeks so he won't be bored. I just need to find someone to call him and be funny (but not too funny...) and cute (but not too cute...) while I'm away. Nope, that's a VERY bad idea. It would be sad to come home all tan and happy to see my man and have him necking on the couch with the "outsourced version of TP gal". *oh, heartbreak* I'll just have to find some way to leave him with something to think fondly of while I'm away. Like a book or something.

Anyway, back to reality... headed over to Rico's. See you tomorrow I hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J's work/cube spouse here. Greece is beckoning and should not be ignored. I will remind my work/cube spouse on a daily basis that there's a lovely lady abroad, not a broad, who I'm sure misses him dearly, but having the time of her life. Don't give it a second thought. Happy Birthday by the way!