Pages

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Happy 40th TP gal

So far, 40 is fine. I slept in today for the first time in ages (what is with the 6 am wake up on a Saturday!?) My fabulous boyfriend (who is in Denver - boo) woke me up with sweet mushy messages. I made a lovely breakfast for myself and am about to head to the gym.

It is raining, which means the back yard party will have to migrate inside - but that's fine. I'm determined to have a great time, rain or not.

After the gym I wandered over to Target where my "soap" ended up costing me $103.00. Damn the meandering.

My new haircut is so cute! The new shops at SouthCenter are deadly. I think I got out of there for song, 1 black sweater thing from the Black|White store and a sun dress for tonight. Oh, I know I already purchased a dress for tonight, but I'm not feeling it. This one is great and it has pockets so I can carry my boyfriend (iPhone) with me for the evening. I'll upload a photo before I leave.

The party tonight is a slam, which means my people have been asked to write a poem or a song or something to perform. I'm a cruel evil hostess! My poems in the past have lamented my lack of a love life and now that I'm experiencing it for the first time, I couldn't find my inspiration.

I'm a list maker so, I popped off with a list of 40 things for which I'm grateful.

(DON'T READ IF YOU'RE COMING TONIGHT!)


  1. Good friends who are like family
  2. Healthy parents
  3. New babies
  4. Gainful employment
  5. Tasty wine
  6. An awareness of being really happy
  7. The ability to tell people you love them
  8. The ability to feel their love in return
  9. Laughing so hard that you snort
  10. Flowers for no reason
  11. Christmas Trees
  12. My friends kids who think I am cool
  13. My new smaller ass
  14. A great book
  15. Sunsets at the beach
  16. Bellybutton lint
  17. My fabulous new boyfriend
  18. Creativity
  19. Sleeping in
  20. The awareness that my life is charmed
  21. The ability to help others
  22. Joyful singing in the car; I look dumb and don’t care!
  23. Holding hands at the movies
  24. Good quality cheese
  25. The ability to laugh at myself
  26. Bar-B-Q MEAT (sorry little cow, but you taste GOOD!)
  27. Hot red shoes
  28. Hot soup on a cold day
  29. Road trips
  30. Well placed rest areas
  31. Good oral health – floss people!
  32. Three weeks in Greece
  33. Someone who is already planning on missing me while I’m in Greece
  34. Happy memories of things in the past
  35. Planning ahead for things we’re going to do
  36. Watching your kids get older
  37. Falling in love for the first time
  38. Happy tears
  39. Each and every one of you
  40. Turning 40 and feeling fantastic
My Seattle Times Horoscope is a little dark.... looks like it's good that I don't pay much attention to this hooey:

IF AUGUST 9 IS YOUR BIRTHDAY: You may feel as though you are having an endless bad hair day between now and October. Because you aren't feeling at your best in one-on-one situations or because a relationship leaves you feeling unattractive, you might do something impulsive to change the trend. The wisest thing to do is to simply wait out this temporary downturn and avoid making irrevocable changes that you may regret later. During November your judgment improves and you can make changes that will be beneficial. Between December and February you must meet responsibilities head on even if they seem tiresome. By April and May your fortunes are on the rise again and you can easily mend any fences that need attention.

No comments: