Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Week Begins

After a busy weekend the final week of summer is about to kick off and its going to be a busy one.

Saturday J and I spent the entire morning cooking, cleaning and prepping for my contribution to the annual Kaper Brunch (two friends of mine and I donate a brunch and sell it at the Renton Rotary Kaper auction for charity.) The brunch was yesterday and I had one third of the food to prep and bring.

We had enough time during the day to go for a walk, check out the Issaquah farmers market, visit Costco and see Tropic Thunder as a matinee. Holy crap, it was wrong on many levels. I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in ages. Poor J, who is still suffering symptoms of the remnants of walking pneumonia was having difficulty breathing because he was laughing so hard.

We recovered and made our way to Mikey's house for a bbq to say good-bye to Misty who is headed to Denver to be with the tall one. The night was fun, J got to meet some of my favorite work people and he seemed to have a good time. It was a long day and at 10:30 I was done. Sadly, when we stood up to leave so did everyone else.

I had to get an early start Sunday for the brunch - not that I've been able to sleep in lately. The 6 am Sunday wake up is getting on my nerves and I need to figure it out. The brunch went smoothly and I was home by 2.

Tonight I'm attending a party with Becky. It's one of those bring your checkbook parties. I don't mind them, I love all my pampered chef stuff. The stamping crap is a bit useless, but tonight should be fun. (Oh, yes, I'm being vague intentionally.)

Tomorrow, I meeting one of my new online friends for a drink after work.

Wednesday and Thursday I HAVE to go to the gym.

Friday, J and I are headed to a family event (his.) A cousin and her family are moving to some far away place like Oklahoma or Alabama and the entire clan is getting together to wish them well. Sounds like the ideal place to meet a lot of the folks, but the attention won't be on me!

Saturday, J and I are plan-less. Somewhere in the day, I will make it to the gym again. I can't get squishy just because I have a man now.

Sunday, we are driving to meet my parents. Yeah! Mom is excited, and truth be told so am I.

Monday is Labor Day and we have the day off - other than sleeping in there are no plans. I like it!

Have a great day. I'm sure I'll find something to rant about before the day is done...

No comments: