Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hump Day

As we inch towards the weekend I am again reminded of just how charmed my life is right now. I woke up this morning with a sense of peace and happiness. It helps of course that J came home from Denver yesterday and we were able to have dinner and hang out last night. He is amazing at communication so with the calls, emails and text messages we talked just as much this weekend as we would have if he had been home (maybe not quite as much, but plenty.) However, face to face talking is just better.

I know that I'm in an unrealistic vortex of "new love" bliss and that the reality of life will eventually seep back in. But for now, I'm going to see the world through this lens. I was cranky for a long long time, and now I choose to be happy.

Speaking of sweet, J's mom sent home a birthday card for me. How nice was that? I'm looking forward to meeting both of his parents in November.

I hope my sticky sweet outlook on life is contagious (vs. feeling like you want to throw up a little because it's too sweet.)

For the record I do want to tell you about something that J and I talked about last night in relation to this happiness festival. I didn't say it very eloquently and might not now, but I think one of the reasons J and I were able to connect was that we both walked into this already happy and content. Finding him makes the good stuff in my life better but he is not the sole source of why I'm so happy these days. Oh, it helps that he's so great and that I'm having really strong feelings about him, but he's the icing on the cake, not the cake.

That's the end of personal announcements this morning, have a great day.

1 comment:

Peepers said...

I am finally caught up on reading your blog, and I am thrilled!! to find out what has been going on.

The similarities in our lives are kind of quirky. I met my "J" 4 years ago in July (via online dating kinda). There was some initial ambivalence on my part because my system was in shock having met someone who is emotionally available and wanted to spend time with me (a total contrast from previous boys). The two of us were complete people before we met and in coming together it created pure happiness and bliss. 3 months into the relationship we were talking about getting married. (We of course didn't get married right away, but planned things out in a nerdy logical way, the engagement happened 13 months after we met, and the wedding was 9 months after that).
So don't let people discourage you. I think you are absolutely right to put into it what you want out of it. There is nothing wrong with pouring your soul into a relationship even though it is "new". Sometimes things are just right. The thing is, most people have never been there. They think they know what it feels like, but they don't.

Anyway... you go girl. I am super excited for you. We should hang out and talk about boys.