Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Nickname Search

J and I have been playing around with nick names or pet names for each other. Since neither one of us has really dated anyone of significance we are enjoying the stupid things that you folks who have been paired up for ever and a day may just not even think of as special or cute. We know we are totally sickly sweet and gross right now. It is not lost on either of us – don’t feel bad if you want to throw up a little – I understand. I also know it won’t last forever, so I’m just going to soak it up.

Anyway, back to the nickname thing. Here are some of the candidates for pet names:

Poopie – this is a standard that I use, it is not overly cute and is not in reference to flatulence
Baby - better in writing than verbalized. I feel awkward with this one mostly because I have friends who really use it, so when I think “baby” I think of someone in a corner, or my friends Misty and Drew.

Sunshine – this one is inbound and outbound. I like it.
Honey Bun – this might be a joke, I’m not sure. “Honey Bunny” was from Pulp Fiction and I’m pretty sure J doesn’t intend for us to hold up a crappy diner any time soon.

Gorgeous – awww he’s so nice to me.
Hot Stuff – my outbound to J.
Sweetie – this is me outbound and I’ve been using it a lot, it’s likely a keeper
Sarcasmo – as we get more comfortable with each other and the funny sarcastic comments fly more freely, J is quickly earning this name.

McMuffin – I popped off with this one this morning, it made me laugh but I don’t think it’s a contender for permanent rotation.

Spanky - J didn’t like it
Beavis – J didn’t like it
Boo Boo - this one pops out every now and then, but it is technically "owned" by another set of friends (in the singular "Boo")

Jay - this is a direct result of blog "J" it bugs me when it pops out of my mouth. I know his name (mostly.)

Other funny nicknames that have popped up are Tammy (J called me this to his mom) it is ironic because when people get my name wrong it is generally is Tammy or Tracey, so he was right on target. I couldn’t get mad because TWICE I have introduced him as Justin (which is so NOT his name.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I did just barf up in my mouth a little bit. I need a tums.

Anonymous said...

My current mate calls me "Trashclown".

I call her "Current Mate".

just_me said...

Geez, when I met J, his friend called me 'next'!

Talk about an eye opener for your first relationship!

Well, I've been "next" (even though we were on break for a while), for almost 12 years now. :)

Peepers said...

If it makes you feel any better (about being disgustingly cutesy) my hubby and I call each other the same pet name. Schmoo Pie. Like Schmoopie but pronounced like the schmoo and pie, not pee. I can explain how that all happened at another time. All of our friends make fun of us but we don't care. There is also something simple and elegant about using the same name for one another. LOL