Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Justin , Tammy... Tammy... Justin

This was a weekend of meeting friends.

Friday, J and I met his co-worker Jody for dinner in Bellevue. She was witty, easy to be around and it was a lot of fun in spite of the heat. Jody and J will likely be guest blogging while I'm floating on a boat in Greece. Before that happens I'll come up with a question of the day, they are both really funny so I don't think you'll be bored.

Saturday J and I ran errands, he set up my wireless router (thank you sir!) and after a trip to Esquin we made our way to Becky's for dinner in the back yard. The evening could not have gone better. Brett and J hit it off and even found they had people in common. We enjoyed some great wine (I actually had too much and woke with a dull headache this morning... oops) and a lot of laughing.

It is a fact that I am the worst girlfriend in the world because J is sporting a case of walking pneumonia and is feeling pretty good (except for that whole breathing thing) so I drug his behind everywhere this weekend. I'm feeling pretty bad about it now considering how tired I am (at 7pm night) and I'm not sick.

Today, in an effort to lay low (and stay cool) after breakfast with Yaz and MC J an I headed back to his place to watch movies. I can't say they were the best movies I've ever seen -- actually one was good and I do recommend it.

Movie Reviews:

ONCE: a small independent Irish film about a talented street musician who meets a girl and they decide to record his music. A song from the movie won the Academy Award for best song this past year. The movie was touching, funny and sweet.

THE MIST: You just never know what you're going to get when you pick up a movie that is based on a Stephen King Novella. You might get Shawshank Redemption, the Green Mile or this piece of shit. At one point I fell asleep and was disappointed to see that I was only out about 10 minutes. J lost 30 minutes to unintended sleeping and didn't really care to get caught up on what he missed. Basically a fog rolls into town, a hodge podge of people are trapped at the grocery store, big ass bugs try to kill everyone, Marcia Gay Hardin embarrasses herself and should have her Academy Award revoked for her role, and then the hero makes Hayden Christensen look like a good actor when he falls to his knees in the dumbest "Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!" aerial shot EVER.

Step Up 2: the streets: This one only survived 12 minutes and 40 seconds before it was ejected from the dvd player. All I can say is... STEP UP 2!? Are you kidding me?

Thankfully, by the time we ended the movie festival the Olympics were on and we enjoyed ourselves some sports.

In the personal injury department it is a dead even heat of 1 to 1. J stepped on my foot and my toe throbbed all day Saturday. Not to be outdone I dropped a rather large bottle of liquid soap and J's is now sporting the purplest and ugliest of bruises on his right foot. Since his injury is actually visible, he may be awarded extra points by the judges.

I am going to bed early tonight in hopes that this slight sore throat I'm sporting will work itself out. If it actually turns into something I'm going to feel bad about talking J into hanging out this weekend in spite of his ailment.

No comments: