Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm a total faker

Most of the time in my professional life I feel like I'm bringing the right set of tools to the work bench. For the most part, I feel confident and that I'm not in over my head.

Lately, with the addition of certain activities that my former boss was doing I find myself faking it a little bit. I know that with a lot of things in the working world, making a decision and then owning that decision makes you the authority, but sometimes I know I'm not.

Today I had an impromptu meeting with someone in an EXTREMELY high position at an EXTREMELY prominent company related to a contract between "them" and "us." (No, I can't be more specific.) The meeting went well and I'm pretty sure he had no clue that I'm just some kid from Ilwaco, Washington. The only reason this is "blogworthy" is that I'm sure this person has forgotten more about Information Security than I will ever know, and yet I'm the "approver" of any changes to the contract.

Sometimes the things I'm trusted with blow my mind a little. Holy hell, I might actually be a grown up.

No comments: