Pages

Monday, August 04, 2008

ICK

First of all, for someone who is hella busy I seem to have lots of time to post today...


I received an email from one of my employees saying that she might not make it in tomorrow (is on vacation today) because she got bit by a spider and in addition to the antibiotics has to keep the leg elevated. No worries, she's a 75% remote worker anyway so the amount of work that gets done isn't an issue.

The issue... she sent me a photo of the bite:

I've noticed this as a trend. Not with her specifically, but with all the employees. If you call in because you can't drive due to the snow on your road... send a photo.
Fall off an ATV and end up in the hospital - photo of the severed finger.

Pregnant - maternity leave, photo of the baby crowning.


Managers in the 80's didn't have to pop open pictures of things like spider bites or botched Brazilian Waxing incidents.

I actually think the photo thing is good, but it is some what of a dilemma... do I pop that photo in the employee file? Will the next manager appreciate it? Probably not (on both accounts.)

For the attorneys in the crowd - I did check with the bug bite person before posting her leg on the Internet.

No comments: