Pages

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sun Scream & Meeting (more) of the family

You would think that after 39 years and 359 days of life that I would figure out that I need to wear sunblock on a bright day.

Nope. We were out today watching the Blue Angels - which were great, and I got totally fried.

Dumb TP! The clerk at Safeway felt the need to tell me I was burned. I rolled my eyes at her, but when I got home I realized she was completely correct. Hopefully it will tone down in the next day or so. It's so embarrassing to be the "sunburned" person at work after a sunny day. Usually at my office it's "The Todd" that is a lobster, but alas, I may win the dumb ass award this week.

Meeting more of J's people today was fine. The one they have been warning me about seemed harmless. We'll be having dinner together Thursday when I do my first ever boyfriend airport drop off. I hope to not get the 3rd degree, but will be on my best behavior because they, J & "the one they warned me about" are headed to Denver to visit J's parents (and a class reunion.) I don't need to give "totwma" ammunition for a long weekend of talks w/ J's mom about how kookey I am. Fortunately, Dan (J's cousin-in-law and best friend) won't be there. He's damned funny, but is incorrigible and I'm not sure "totwma" would appreciate the fast humor. (Hey Dan, you made the blog!) There are folks you can joke with right away (J & Dan) and folks you want to hold off on that for a bit ("totwma".) You have to be careful when those worlds intersect because the fun world can negatively impact the other world. I need to be a grown-up Thursday. But, don't worry, I'll be back to my normal silly self Saturday.

After the Blue Angels and a hot lunch on the deck at some pub in Issaquah, I got a call from Janie who sounded a lot like Miami Robert. Yeah! So, we headed up to Alderwood for a quick visit. It was the perfect, fast meet and greet. It's so wonderful to see Robert whenever he's in town, and I love Janie... J got the "you pass" whisper from Janie as we left the restaurant - which is funny because that was his email to me after I answered his funky match.com questions. "You Pass!" Um, didn't know it was a test.

It was a great weekend, in spite of the hopes to "just hang out" we ended up doing quite a bit, Costco, brunch, family lunches, meeting more of my people, a couple movies (DVD) and planning for the birthday party. I'm happy to report that while I am tired (sunburn hangover?) that J and I aren't running out of things to talk and laugh about. It might have been easy to overdose this weekend, but I think we're ok.

Have a great week. It's going to be a busy one... and then (whoa) my silly 40th birthday. (No singing!)

No comments: