Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So True

I'm not normally a "quote" person. I will drag out the book of quotes in certain situations such as a condolence card where I know my own words can't come close to conveying what I want to say.

For my birthday I received a number of cards. They were the normal range of thoughtful, funny, or sweet. Congrats go to MWR for the funniest card I've ever received. The front had a rainbow, a teddy bear and a balloon and it read "Happy Birthday. See you in hell." when you open the card the inside read "You heard me!" What a hoot.

One card had a quote that pretty much summed up the change in me that occurred last year, and I thought I would share it:


And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful that the risk it took to blossom.

- Anais Nin

No comments: