Pages

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Party Prep

The big 40th event is Saturday.

Planning and preparations are in full swing. J hooked us up with music, Rico and I have planned a menu of treats, Yaz is cooking up a plethora of brownies, June is brewing enough Sangria to feed an army, and Mother Nature is threatening to rain us out.

I'm not overly worried about the weather. If the party has to move indoors it has to move indoors. There's no sense in fretting about it.

I'm excited by the number of people who said they can make it. It's going to be a great mix of people from all over my life. Since "my" people are pretty fantastic it will be wonderful to see them all in one place.

There will be some notable absences due to vacations but I completely understand. I do have some awareness that the entire world doesn't revolve around me. Some.

I bought a dress to wear, but I don't think I can pull it off. It's a halter and is draws attention to the ladies. I'm not overly comfortable in it, so I'm 95% sure it's going back.
From this angle it kind of looks maternity-ish, but it didn't feel that way in the store.

I have to say that taking photos of yourself in your clothing is an amazing way to actually SEE what you look like. The mirror is pretty kind, but a camera shows you what it is.

I've stopped wearing certain things after taking photos for the weight loss updates.

BTW - the cool thing about this little dress (and this is for the ladies) is that it's a 12! I mean holy crap, it's a 12! I was in a 28 in November. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm jumping into size 12 jeans anytime soon - but it still counts.

Anyway - I'll be taking Friday off of work to finish up the gathering of supplies and to assist Rico with the food prep. He's such a good guy to help out. I bought a very pretty vase from the store Twist as a thank you to Rico and Cindy for the use of their house. It's painted with platinum and then fired. It is arty and I hope they like it.

I told them I didn't want any gifts because they were doing so much, but I think the ship has sailed on that front.

On the not party front J came over for dinner last night. We watched Rendition and tried to stay cool. You know it is hot when you have to stop holding hands because it is too warm. We talked for a few hours, I whined about his trip to Denver (not seriously) and then it was time for him to go. I really hate that part. (Warning - sickly sweet statement coming up.) I love that we can spend hours together and yet I still want to talk to him right before I go to sleep. I think it is safe to announce that I'm smitten.

Later! It's going to be hot today... drink lots of water.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I hardly think the dress looks maternity-ish. I think it's pretty hip and stylish! I see your point about the girls though. I always worry about shoing too much and not enough! It's hard to find the line without crossing it.

When it comes to clothes,I'm a firm believer in two things:

1) Whatever you wear feel good in it. If it makes you feel good, then it's right!

Number 2 does not apply to your dress here, in any way, but it's still my rule -- even for skinny folk.

2) Just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you have to wear it!

Hope your party is a blast!
2)