Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Are they joking?

This place (the nursing home) is a mad house. The nursing staff is playing bingo over the PA, the lady in the next bed is alternating between yelling for the time or yelling for the bathroom. "What time is it!?". Pause. "I have to go potty!". Every once in while she interjects an emphatic "I can't wait!"

Apparently, Bonnie is on a two hour schedule, and they are trying to get her to stop yelling (by ignoring her?). I don't think its working.

The other treat is that Bonnie has a tv (on loud...so she can hear the 7th heaven drama.). The other lady has a tv... CNN - exit polls in West Virginia.

Martha's other roommate is a delightful 94 year old woman who is watching the news while reading the paper.

Outside the door folks roll by and currently there is a man (maybe 80) who is watching me. I said hello and he hid a little but is still there.

Martha is OUT. Morphine drip and sleeping.

I had hoped that there would be Internet, but I was foolish.



The fix-it guy just came and removed the second tv from the room. Wow, maybe I should bitch about needing a boyfriend and he might bring me one



Ok, it turns out Bonnie is going to a new room. They came and took her chair and flowers. No more yelling.



Bummer.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Wow... sounds like the looney bin instead of a nursing home.