Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

A day (and a half) of rest


The weekend away was wonderful. June's home is a whirlwind of activities. Lew is two and he owns it. He's got a few words that he cycles through - mostly roll call. Momma? Poppa? Ab? Momma? Poppa? Ab?



Ab is growing like crazy - she's maybe a year away from topping Yaz in height. Here they are wearing each other's jackets. As Nana Sue would say... that's wack-a-doo!

The drive down in Yaz' new car was nice - her new little Mazda is very comfortable (front seat only) and zippy. (I have new car envy!)

The ballet was cute, although the theater was icy cold. We had dinner between Ab's performances and while we were discussing our favorite foods Ab announced, "I feel bad for the animals and all, but steak tastes good!" Yes it does my friend, yes it does.

Sunday we slept in until 7:30 (there's a two year old in the house, anything after 5am is sleeping in.) After a yummy brunch we three girls took a walk and spread our hard earned money around the neighborhood. For once, I didn't buy any shoes nor did I buy any clothes. I picked up something for Becky, some chocolate, a casual day pack for Greece, and a pretty bracelet. Poor Yaz bought two purses and a few other trinkets - she won the spending contest.


I was pooped by the time we decided to go home and it was a quiet drive back up to Seattle. Yaz is good company - we cycled through some tough conversations and yet had a few laughs. She did tell me something disturbing...

"Can I tell you something?"
"um... sure" I'm thinking she's going to tell me I have b.o. or that I insulted someone.
"Last night...you didn't snore."

WOW... they say that losing weight will help with snoring - but how exciting to hear it. Let the co-ed sleep overs begin!

No comments: