Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

is that all!?

I had lunch today with favorite soon to be ex-coworker today and of course ran into the big boss. The QB seems to eat exclusively at this little place near our building. I seldom go there except for drinks and now that 90% of the fun guys have left, or are leaving the summer after work drink outings may be pretty far apart.. oh WHY DOES EVERYONE LEAVE ME?????

Anyway, not sure if it's prudent to be seen eating with the soon to be departed, but I've never been savvy at the whole political game. I guess, I'd rather be a loyal friend than think about office game playing.

Over our massive burritos we talked about his plans, his kids (son had prom last weekend and daughter is planning a wedding -- fun and funner) and the upcoming holiday weekend. Then we bitched about work a little and he asked what else was going on in my life.

I had to laugh a little because other than dealing with Aunt Martha and her death Wednesday... there's NOTHING else going on in my life. No time, no energy. I'm trying to keep up with the trips to the gym - but tonight I skipped in favor of straightening up my house. Woo Hoo.

It is housekeeper day tomorrow and I had to do condo-wide shoe collection. Oddly enough, it drives me crazy at my parents when my mom leaves her shoes all over the house. Don't tell her, but I'm the same dang way. While dressing for the baby shower Sunday, I tried on 5 different shoes before landing on the exact right pair of flip-flops. Good LORD, could anything be LESS important? Don't fret... I looked great! Top to bottom - hot mama. Well... hot (non)mama. Ironically, I look my best in a room full of women. Not a single dude in sight all day. I have to get a hobby.

Mom asked a few nights ago how the online dating is going. Um, it's not. Since took my salary range off line I don't even get the "widowed dad's" any more. My Italian boyfriend "Randy Hall" hasn't emailed in weeks. I'm sure if I fired off a quick - "How've you been" he'd pick right back up with how he wants to "expose his love" to me. Tee hee... I went to the dirty place in my head.

It's too bad that whining and sitting around the house in my pj's isn't the surefire way to draw in the future mr tpgal. (They are cute pj's so it should be working.)

My friend Jodie suggested that I add to my online profile that I put out on the first date - but that just seems a tad out of my comfort zone. I think I'd much prefer to be a date in before I make that announcement - er determination. An announcement would be unfortunate. Plus, in spite of all the talk, I'm a lady. It's at least date 3... *snort*.

Lastly, I called Martha's pension fund today to let them know that she would no longer require monthly checks (see how I can joke and joke, but avoid the word "died" maybe I'm not quite as cold as I think.) During the conversation the agent dropped the Life Insurance words. No clue as to if there is a policy or how much it might be. My guess is if there is one that it's 10k or less. But wouldn't it be a bright spot in a bad situation if she was horrifically over insured?

I'm sure if it's more than a million that I'd buy my parents dinner or something, but I might just have to "retire" for a while. It will be 3-4 weeks before they figure that out, so I'll continue to go to work and try to be the best security gal they've ever seen.

No comments: