Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Better

The work out yesterday helped me to wake this morning in a much sunnier place. It helped that I had a personal appointment at 10 am and arranged to "work at home" in the afternoon.

I played hookey and had lunch with Rico in Bellevue at PF Changs (the least Chinese of Chinese restaurants. ) It was nice to see him, my attempts at weekend visits are usually thwarted by plans made by his lovely wife. She plans their weekends, and I'm not really on the agenda. I try not to take it personally, but sometimes I wonder if it's my own damn fault for not befriending her earlier. She is (honestly) the best thing that's ever happened to him, and it if it means our friendship is dialed down, then so be it!

I finally got home around 2:30 and checked e-mail for the first time today. I'm not normally such a shitty employee, and I hope this AWOL incident is a fluke and not a terrible new work ethic.

After 5 I dealt with the bags of Martha's stuff from the hospital and nursing home. 98% is being donated to the landfill, including the 6 tubs (SIX!!!) of some wonderful smelling stuff called "Butt Paste". I bet that stuff tastes terrible.

I also took a carload of clothes Martha's and mine to the Renton clothing bank. Of course, when I got home I found one more bag. *shaking her head* My office will NEVER be free of stuff from Martha's home or my cast off clothes.

I've been putting off sending Martha's friends the news of her passing. I shouldn't, but it's not a letter (e-mail for some) that I want to send. Yuck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, we're just gettin Butt Paste over here in the UK via a new website, www.buttpaste.co.uk

It's fab stuff! Yeah I love the smell too, so does my little one :)

PNB Dave said...

The last two times I've been to the Bellevue P.F. Chang's, Bill and Melinda Gates have been eating dinner there also.