Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Recap

I received an e-mail this morning that the Animal Planet reality show that my friend lovely Robert filmed a couple years ago is finally going to air. DVR "My New Wild Life" - I hope it's fun.

Robert is great, one of those guys who is wonderfully catty and sharp - but gets away with it because tells the truth. He and Janie went to college together, but we're co-god parents so we have a connection. If his super hot, rich boyfriend ever leaves him, I'm going to quit life and move to Miami and be his house bitch. (hmm..maybe I have a thing or two to learn about dating.)

Work sucked. I'm so tired of bitching about it so I won't. It's pooh or get off the pot time.... I'm still deciding. That 26 day vacation in October is looming and I'm not going to skip that for anything. A new job might make that a challenge. Plus, if we get bought out, I'd either get new management or a walking package -- neither scenario would break my heart.

We cut out early for drinks to say bye to the two departing dudes (who I can't gossip about because they have the blog address now) and it was a lot of fun. A nice mix of bitching, laughing and friendly chit chat. I did gossip about some folks and am NOT proud of myself. I wasn't the only one who knew the dish, and frankly the folks being gossiped about weren't AT ALL discrete about all the sex they were having, but I was unkind and am kicking myself.

My mom talked my cousin into the Honda, so I may have that sold.

AND most important of all.... My brother called from Bangor, Maine this morning. He's HOME for good! We talked this morning and he's so glad to be out of Iraq. Woo Hoo. I agreed to fly down for a visit once he gets settled. I'll do a combo "welcome home from Iraq" and congratulations on your High School Graduation for my niece trip. (weekend trip - it's UTAH for pete sake.)

I'm off to Yaki-vegas for the weekend. The cold rainy weekend. Dad told me to bring my long johns. Ooh, I love it!

No comments: