Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dinner out with my team... and other stuff

I know what you're thinking.. "Frick, another boring post about her stupid job, get back to that dating story line at least it's funny."

Well, this is my world and I'll talk about anthing I want.

My team was talking during a staff meeting about wanting to get together in a not work setting to get to know one another better. Sweet Tony our 50+ year old pm suggested that we bring spouses for a "spouse exchange." Um.. buddy, you work with four women, you're going to get the short end of that stick. Mixer... exchange... whatever.

Tonight, we met for dinner at Wild Ginger. They chose the restaraunt with enthusiasm and I like the WG, but its the go-to lunch place for every serious business lunch and if I've had 7 flavor beef once I've had it a thousand times. This event wasn't about me being the boss, so I happily agreed. (shoot, I don't eat anyway, what does it matter where we go. My 3 oz of meat and 4 string beans shouldn't sway the vote.)

All the spouses were fun and we had a great time. Poor Tony, his wife literally missed the boat and had to skip dinner. Tony said he tried to talk her into coming late, but based on his description of what the evening was about maybe she skipped on purpose. *tee hee*

Hopefully we'll make time to do more things in the future. In addition to the whole team building bull crap that I have to care about, I think these events make work easier.

As for the "other" thing - I solidly declare that I did not misread the situation, but the timing is off. I don't think that door is closed forever, but also won't be sitting around pining for "what if" either. The foundation is there for something great, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

In the meantime... you people need to get busy and start setting me up on some dates! I'm looking good these days and you know that I'm funny, quirky, smart and an incredible friend. What's not to love? (Oh my... if you're not able to find the humor in how over the top I describe myself then you don't know me.)

I promise there will be progress pictures soon. I grew out of a new size of pants this week (in the good way not the "damn, these pants must have shrunk" way) so I'm on the move again. *WHEW*

Finally... HAPPY 40th BECKY! Her son asked her what the theme to her birthday party is going to be, and she said "theme?" and he's all "You know, like Thomas the Train, Firetrucks, Zoo animals?" She tried to explain that (most) adults don't have theme parties, but he wasn't having any of it. He has decided that her theme (for her 40th) is Dinosaurs. The oldest creatures know to man... it's a good thing he's cute.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

If you have Seven-Flavor Beef a thousand times, does that mean you've experienced 7,000 flavors of beef? Or do they repeat the same seven flavors over and over (and over) again?