Pages

Thursday, May 01, 2008

DRAT

I lectured Becky about using her credit cards on websites that I deemed to be less than on the up and up.  "Your card is going to be cloned and "they" are going to try to steal money from you."

Well, a couple weeks ago she called to say it happened, and while my concern was genuine, I did the (not attractive and unkind) "I told you so!" dance in my cubicle.

This week….. I had to call her, apologize and eat crow as my credit card was being used to buy all sorts of strange things online.  At first it was only two charges that hit my statement and I thought that for $17.00 it wasn't worth filing the police report - but alas…it's up to over $100 - and I want my money back!

The card has been cancelled, the fraud paperwork is on the way, and I'll be stopping by the police department to file a fraudulent activity report. 

The lesson… watch your credit cards.  Work with your bank if anything happens (mine is being GREAT, by the way) and know that it can happen to anyone.  


No comments: