Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Book Group

It was book group night last night, and I'd like to share that I really love those ladies. They are each wonderfully smart, vibrant and creative. I'm thankful for their presence in my life and it's not just that we love books. The reading thing is a common thread, but they each have such a unique spirit, and are genuinely trying to live their best possible lives. I've heard it said that your friends are a reflection of a part of you and if that's really the case, I'm pretty fantastic! (snicker)

We discussed a Graham Greene book over a delightful vegetable soup and some very tasty cous-cous. Write up of the book will happen on the Seattle Girls Book Group blog - tomorrow.

After the discussion we did something unusual, we made a necklace (beaded charm thing) for our member who is in the hospital trying to keep her baby in utero as long as possible. Each gal picked beads and made a wish for M&M and baby boy M. I was worried the activity was going to be corny, but in reality it was sweet. Wishes ranged from, strength for the baby, clarity for M&M, travels in the future, creativity, peace and even good wishes for the dogs.

No comments: