Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

New music & broken arms

Part of my "inheritance" from Messy Martha were four $20 gift cards to Borders (a store that I don't really like for some reason... it's just books and music, what's not to like?) Friday, I picked up two books - Under the Banner of Heaven and Spook. Both non-fiction, the first about the polygamist sects of the Mormon Church and the second a scientific attempt to bunk (word?) or de-bunk the afterlife. I'm deep into "An Irish Country Doctor" at the moment - so no reviews just yet.

I also picked up two albums (CDs - dang, I'm like old.) The first is the new REM - Accelerate. I love REM - their music is smart, politically pointed, and "deep." The second cd is the new Neil Diamond - Home Before Dark. What can you say about Neil? He's so wonderfully cheesy that it's enjoyable. This record/albun/collection - was produced by Rick Ruben - who is amazing!

Which one do I like the best? Yeah, you know me... Neil Diamond baby! The REM will grow on me, but I'm a sucker for longing love songs.

I did make it to the gym today and think I hurt myself. I'm not trying to build crazy body builder muscles, but arms with definition and tone would be good. No matter what I do I am going to have some Margorie Beard batwings, but my arms can be solid underneath right? I used the machine thing where you rest your arms on the "ramp" and do controlled curls. Dressing myself tomorrow may be a problem. So sad for all the office peeps (who ever is left) to have to work with naked TP gal. I'm looking good these days, but not public nudity good.

Shall we all just say... "whew."

No comments: