Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm Breezy

I feel like such an ass.... I completely misread an encounter with someone and thought that there was a connection, you know like "wow, that person is really great!" and it turns out the feelings not so mutual. Or maybe mutual, but CLEARLY not on the same page.

I am 100% positive the mistake was mine - because while you all love me and know me to be completely perfect, it is in fact true that when it comes to the world of dating I am a novice. I would lay down money that there was no misrepresentation or second thoughts happening in this case. Trust me, this guy is not a jerk... but I am for getting ahead of myself.

The sad, embarrassing thing, and the reason for the post (to share my humiliation with the WORLD) is that I called on the Support Sisterhood. Guys may not want to know it, but even in our late 30's we still call each other to talk through people we've met or are excited about. It's not at the jr hi school level of "and then like he said... and then I go... and then he..." But it's close. So, I've blabbed my excitement (over nothing) to the people who most want to see me happy but now I have to retract.

The bright side, if you can get past the red of my face is that the flush of meeting someone really fantastic and making (or mistaking) a connection is still something I'm capable of.

Do you remember that scene in Friends where Monica tries to leave a casual message for a man... and ends the call with "I'm Breezy"? It's supposed to be an attitude not an announcement. Well for a day or ten I'll be living in Breezy-town.

Oh golly, I'm going to go hide under my bed until Christmas.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

Well...SHIT! =(