Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Recap

This picture is kind of a cheat because I took it from a golf course; it isn't the typical Eastern Washington vista. 98% of Eastern Wa, isn't this groomed. It also helps that it's spring - when things are still green. The sky though... wow!

You may be able to guess that we golfed yesterday - and man oh man do I suck. Thankfully, the aunts & uncle Ed aren't into keeping score, it's about the practice. Also, at the par 3 course in Granger (Golf, Pizza and Family Fun Center) it can NOT be a serious game.

A 10am departure from the parents estate (homestead, 2 acres... whatever) helped me get across the pass before the terrible traffic began.

It was a pleasant drive, window down, music up. There were a few drivers out there that need to take "Remedial Lane Changing." The class is actually pretty easy - look, and if some one is already in the place you want to go... WAIT.

I was worried that I was going to be tired for the ride home. I woke up last night at 12:30 and had to run in the house to tinkle (so much cuter than to say "pee".) The run from the camper into the house was enough to really wake me up. I was up for HOURS, mostly obsessing about work, and then about some nice happenings in my personal life. Eventually, I had to turn on the light and read to quiet my mind.

Normally I'm not a middle of the night muller - the only time I really get up in the middle of the night and stay up is when it snows. Eventually, it started to rain and that finally put me out and I didn't wake up until 8 when I heard mom digging in her garden (3 feet from my head.)

So, I'm home. I'm about to head to the gym and then to hunt down the perfect beyond perfect gift for Becky. Yes, it's true that my friendship should be enough, but the girl is so greedy. (She is also thankfully tucked away at Gambleside without Internet. By the time she reads this she'll know I was kidding.)

ok, gotta run. Kisses!

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

98% of Eastern Washingtonians aren't that groomed, either.

Ha! I kid! I love my dry-side brothers and sisters.