Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

FOCUS....

So… lately I have not been able to focus on anything.  I haven't been getting much work done (other than the fires and the must do's),  I haven't been reading, watching tv.. It's all a big blur of time spent on nothing.

The reading thing is distressing because I love it so, but the last couple weeks I've been contented to sit with my iPod, listening to music and thinking about the great "what if."

The other thing… is that I'm totally boy crazy right now.  I know, you're thinking still?  The answer is yes.  Yesterday I had a long email exchange with my long term MegaBank crush.   He's totally funny and wicked smart.  We have that in common but nothing else - it doesn't stop me from reverting to idiot gal when he's around.  Actually, I compensate for my crush by being super professional and yet funny.  (it's a balance)  I'm not really interested in fishing off the company pier - that doesn't seem to go over well and EVERYBODY talks about it.  The nice thing is that this guy isn't remotely related to my group so the gossip factor with my crush is lessened.  It's not like I'm looking at the big boss thinking "oooh, he's dreamy"  (um.. he's attractive, but no THANKS!)

So, we were emailing all day yesterday and then the day came to an end… today nothing.  But when I jumped out of my meeting to RUN and pee (why do I wait so long) I almost mowed him over in the hall.  Why oh why would God place him there at that moment is beyond me.  I mean, he works on the 40th floor and I'm on 6… why would he be trolling my floor?  (And, no Mom it's not because he likes me too - we actually do work around here.)

I've also been obsessing (well not obsessing but devoting a lot of energy) to the match.com thing.  So far, I've been able to gather that men get a lot more inbound contacts than women.  Other than that…. it's a bust.

I was able to spend some time with Messy Martha's bills.  There's more bills than there is money.  I'm feeling bad because I could sell the car and have extra - but my other aunt needs it.  Comcast can suck it; I'm taking care of my family first.  It doesn't mean that I don't wish there was some $$.  Maybe once I get off my ass and deal with the storage unit.  Most likely not though.

Thank heavens for the gym.  It requires no brain power, kills time and mostly gets my head out of the clouds.   Mostly.  It seems that my workout mix is filled with songs of sex, getting it on, giving it,  shaking it, moving it, busting it, giving it to me, pushing it, and rocking your body.   There's one song by Eminem… Shake That… it makes me blush.  Do NOT download it unless you're comfortable with men singing about what they want you to touch, shake, do and um… well, let's just say it's specific.  But it has a great beat.  (no pun intended.)





1 comment:

MWR said...

"[M]en get a lot more inbound contacts than women."

Seriously? That would make it unlike any dating environment I've ever encountered (and, you know, I'm the world's foremost expert), outside of certain matrilineal societies.