Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Patience

I'm a child of the 80's, the give it to me NOW generation. Pretty much anything we want can be had in less than a day. New car... boom done. New carpet installed in 24 hours, car stereo while you wait. Instant food, instant messaging, instant coffee (made by college grads even) , heck even our movies are "on demand." We wait for NOTHING.

If you enjoy these instant rewards, you'll possibly understand why I'm feeling impatient right now.

"Redmond" send back a great letter as a response to my response to his ad. (There's a lot of response there, but I'm having trouble framing that sentence in another way.) I replied last night after work and for some strange reason he hasn't replied yet. I mean come on, this guy can't have ANYTHING in his life more important than replying to my cute and friendly e-mail. Sure, he's a single dad and most likely has his kids this weekend (Father's day is Sunday) and he's lived 42 years without me, but I'm at a loss to think of what could be keeping him.

Honestly, I'm liking the idea of writing some before meeting. I think it's romantic. Not romantic like we've emailed once and now I'm in love. Hello!?, I'm impatient but not CRAZY. I mean like old school Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy kind of romantic. Sending letters as a way to get to know each other. (Yes, I know that Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy exchanged no letters, but you know what I mean.)

Who knows, this encounter may be just as short as the one with the Architect (not hardly) but I think getting to know each other before making out on my couch is a better plan. (Still not sorry about that by the way.)

I guess, I just have to accept that it may be Monday before I get a reply. I just wish I could (would) stop checking my darned e-mail every hour. *DING* My email literally just dinged and my heart jumped a little. I clicked over to find that Turbo Tax wants to protect my privacy. Thank heavens for that.

For those of you fellas who are for the first time getting to see inside the female mind - I'm sorry. We are a wacky people, we love you and want to be with you, but don't understand you.

In an effort to break up with my email inbox and enjoy what this day turned into, I'm headed off to Becky and Brett's to drink wine in their back yard. No email...good plan.

Speaking of the 80's, I have been threatening to post my prom picture of Rico and me at the tender ages of 16...so here's your "reward" for getting through this whiny post. Weren't we cute?

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

Nice hair.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

(Of course, at the same point in time MY hair was parted in the middle and feathered on both sides, so I'm in no position to criticize.)