Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rambling

The news about my cat was sad and I'm appreciative of all the kind comments and phone calls, but the new topic might have been a nice break from all the boy talk - but as you can tell by the last couple posts we are right back into it.

This morning I received the email reschedule request for the lunch with the WSU Board Member guy. I kind of forgot about him in all of my wacky obsession over the other dudes. We'll be doing lunch next Thursday. I'll let you all know if it ends up being a security thing or a 'date'.

It would crack me up to end up going on multiple dates within a few weeks time considering how long it's been since I've done ANY dating.

Yesterday, in the weight loss world I hit 110 pounds (lost.) I should be a lot smaller if I only weighed 110 pounds. To be clear, that is NOT my goal weight. I'm "only" 76 pounds from my goal weight. Ha Ha Ha… I wouldn't begin to speculate how long that will actually take. I mean, I've lost 10 pounds in the last 17 days - but in the two months prior it was only 3 pounds. So… it could be 129 days until I hit goal (seems unlikely) or taking the average over the last 2 1/2 months it would be 456 days (also unlikely). We'll shoot for something in the middle and yet, since I'm still not living for the day I hit goal weight, my focus will remain on the next ten pounds. It is very nice to be more than halfway done.

In the cute new clothes category my order from oldnavy.com arrived and the little black dress I purchased makes me happy. It's the softest t-shirt material and hangs really well. I would say that it's tasteful and yet a little sexy. I'll be wearing it Saturday when I have dinner with Misty and her new man. We're doing a 'dress up' dinner on the town. I'll be putting on the cute new dress and some sassy new shoes that I picked up in Portland last weekend. June thinks I’m the bad influence when it comes to shopping, but in fact, she's the enabler. (Just kidding, I would shop regardless; it's just more fun with friends.)

The OldNavy purchase also included a SEXY little nighty (woo woo) and a kicky little top that is questionable. I like it, but the pants selection will be critical. If the pants aren't right I could have that "soon to be a new mommy" look which isn't what I'm going for these days.

Online shopping for me these days is a gamble - but so far I've been pretty lucky. The only outstanding inbound clothing items is from Danskin in the form of new workout pants. I prefer the "bike shorts" for the gym and my 3X aren't providing ANY support. I have ease of movement, but no anti-giggle. Plus, I painted a coat in my kitchen after my work out Monday and accidentally bumped my butt against the wall in the refrigerator cubby while painting the opposite wall. I won't be going to the gym with a saggy and painted bum. (I'm a mess.)

I'm planning to finish the kitchen tonight, and I'm looking forward to putting it back together. I may eliminate some of the appliances. I don't really DO toast anymore, and the coffee pot is only used when Mom and Dad visit so in the interest of sparseness and tidiness both may be located under the counter. I purchased some CUTE hand towels from Anthropologie Saturday and am confident they will pull the new kitchen together. (Hand towels… jeezus she is rambling.)

No comments: