Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

More about men... can you stand it?

So here's the run down as it stands...

I had a long conversation last night with my friend Misty's man. I like him. Thumbs up for the mature, but crazy funny Denver guy. I was a little hesitant at first for the phone meet and greet, (kind of like when people put their kids on the phone) but he won me over instantly.

I had a lunch date today with someone I met through a college alumni thing. I'm not sure its anything more than security nerds reaching out to each other as a lifeline. We were supposed to meet at 1 today, but he called at noon to say he was at the restaurant but had the time mixed up. Could we reschedule? I almost offered to run out and meet him but opted to not. He seemed genuinely apologetic and since I'm not sure it is a "date" date I'm fine with the reschedule.

Still no response from the Match.com world, although Denver suggested that I take some of my photos offline. He was brutal, but well intentioned with his honest commentary of my online photos. Anyone who will tell you that your picture looks like "all hips and ass" can't be a bad guy.

Resorting to other avenues came to mind yesterday so I was cruising Craig's List. I found ONE posting that was intriguing, so I replied. I was witty, honest and commented about the things we had in common. (recent trips to Spain.) Lo and behold... this morning a thoughtful and well written reply. I don't know enough about him yet to give him a nickname... so he shall be... "Redmond". (his place of residence) We're going to do some e-mailing, and since the man can write I'm pleased with the direction. There were pictures, and may I just say... CUTE!

The crazy sex-party guy emailed me again (not at my personal address) wanting to be friends. Um, dude... I'm randy these days, but I'm not now, nor ever will be interested in having sex with you and your wife!

Had drinks after work with a friend, who is also single. She and I (both professional women with serious jobs) talked about boys for two hours. So much for maturity.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Lots of errands to run, deal with the Honda, pick up dry cleaning, work out and prep for the Sunday visit with the parents, oh and sleeping in. Glorious, glorious sleeping in.

No comments: