Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Movie Review: Wanted

So, it must be said that I'm not a huge Angelina Jolie fan. She certainly can act, but I do not gravitate towards her movies. There's nothing about her I can relate to - other than the obvious fact that we're both stunning.

James McAvoy, on the other hand is dreamy and I tend to want to see his films so even though in this one he's trying to maintain an American accent (not very successfully) this film was the movie date night choice of Rico and I.

Wanted is the tale of an ancient group of assassins known as the weavers who get their kill orders from .... hold on to your coffee... "THE LOOM OF FATE." Bwahahahahaha... loom of fate...

The film was highly stylized and fun to watch for the special effects. Think Matrix meets James Bond meets the LOOM OF FATE.

This one will not be getting any awards, and note that you don't find Angelina J. on the promotion circuit. Sure, she's about to give birth to twin Pitts, but she's terribly mute on the topic of this movie.

My recommendation is to skip it, but if you must see it it should be viewed on the biggest screen you can find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to see this, but only for James McAvoy's dreaminess.

This post would be perfect for the my Movie Madness carnival. Stop by and add your link:

http://dailymishmash.com/2008/july-movie-madness/