Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Happiness and Light!

This weight loss journey has been really good. I'm lucky in that I haven't had any complications, and that just isn't the case for everyone. So if you're thinking about going this route do your homework!

With that said... I FEEL FANTASTIC! I have this glow of empowerment and happiness about me these days. I feel confident and even... sexy. I know I'm not super model thin, nor even average, but I'm standing up straighter, my head is held high and I know that I look pretty dang good.

I weigh now what I did the year I graduated from college. Back then, I was living with a spiral of insecurity, unhappiness and self-loathing that clouded me and my life for almost 20 years. I don't know if it is because I'm (almost) 40 now, or that (more likely) I'm in control of my weight, but that insecurity rarely rears its ugly head.

So much of being an attractive person is how you feel - it's too bad we can't go back in time and convince our 20 year old selves that we were fabulous the whole time.

I'm off this evening for a fabulous dinner out with Misty and her new man, we're likely to go dancing after dinenr and because of my low low tolerance for alcohol (and the promised wine in my future) I made a reservation downtown. I will NOT mess around with drinking and driving. It's kind of a perfect night for a date... dinner at a great place, with me in a HOT dress and even HOTTER shoes, fun company, dancing and then a lovely hotel. But... I have no date. eBoyfriend #2 is out of town with his parents and Redmond is moving this weekend. We're still in communication blackout, and had I not invited him to my crazy birthday party I might have sent an email asking him to come out anyway - or if he had replied to my "oops" email.

Anyway...the point is that I haven't been dating long enough to have a gaggle of single guys to pull from for random adventurous Saturday end the night in a hotel dates. So, I'll be good and go alone. Who knows, maybe I'll pick somebody up. Bwahahahahaha, the idea of ME picking someone up makes my head shake and my eyes roll. I'm confident these days, but not quite THAT confident and I'm pretty sure I don't want to be the "come to my hotel room" kind of person. Trust me... if I was, I wouldn't tell you about it. *wink*

Have a great day, and for pete sake... put on sunscreen, it's going to be a hot one.

No comments: