Pages

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Gambleside Weekend




In honor of Becky's 40th, a bbq was planned at her sisters cabin on Gamble Bay.

The drinking began promptly at 1pm and did not cease until well after midnight. I think I stained my insides with red wine. I may never recover.

It was just one of those great days, we played at the beach with the kids and the dogs, built a fire on the deck, laughed and talked until exhaustion took over.

Becky received some gifts, we had WAY too much cake, we forgot to have dinner, Brett was in "declaration" mode. (meaning he declared his undying love for Becky, for Phil, for me... all different kinds of love of course.)

I did some late night texting. Drunk texting, that's a new thing. I was loving all my friends last night - virtually. I'm saving the in person stuff for marriage. (ha ha ha ha ha)

This morning, some new rules were documented. Less discussion about circumcision (how we got there I'll never know) and more games. The other rule is that we're not allowed to laugh at Brett when he's declaring his love for things... it makes him feel sad.


A couple of friends from Collin's preschool came with moms in tow, Stacy and Tracy - I thought for about 15 nano seconds that they were a couple, which made them giggle. All night long I kept getting asked -- "am I the husband???" How many times can you say "yikes, sorry!" Actually, they were great and held their own in our crazy madness of half words, and one word stories that make us bust up laughing.

"Rambo-bunny" - bwahahahaha (A very unfortunate college kissing incident at Halloween with a young man who shall for ever more be known as Rambo-bunny. Mostly, because no names were exchanged. My imaginary children will be home colleged to keep their virtue in tact.)

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

...and drunk e-mailing, too, it seems. =)