Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Frick (an update)

I called People's Bank to find out what the heck they are doing up there. The story is this:

Martha died on the 14th of May.
The social security check deposited on 5/21 was returned per "policy"
Social Security says that payment was hers and is sending me a nice form to get the money back.
I have just mailed a check out of my personal savings to People's Bank to cover the checks I wrote to pay M's bills.
In 6-8 weeks, Social Security will refund the payment to Martha's Estate and I can pay myself back at that time.

It seems like every time I turn around I'm writing a check for a thousand dollars for something for Martha. My patience is wearing THIN.

Yes Dave, banks do suck! (This is actually the fault of Social Security who doesn't know it's own rules - people's bank covered the outstanding checks and refunded the overdraft charges for me. The deposit services lady didn't hang up on me when I lost my cool and told her that this is "bullshit" - so all in all - People's Bank - ok, Social Security -- sucks.)

No comments: