Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

new skills for a bored tp gal

Use to be that I would get home from work, summer, winter, spring or fall and make dinner and then join my ass to the couch until bed-time. After I finished dinner I would begin the "snack" portion of the evening. The snacking might last until 10 or 11.

Now...I need to fill hours of time without eating (because I'm NOT hungry) and the tv isn't doing it for me.

The gym is a great alternative - but on a good day I can only be there for two hours - my usual though, is one hour. 30 minutes on a cardio machine and a circuit of weights to keep the arms from going totally jello. Today I did an hour on the incline thing and then I was spent.

It's the second nice day in a row, so I stopped off at McKnight Middle School to enjoy a few turns on the track that surrounds the playfields.

But... since I left work at 4 - I was home at 7 even with all that. I made a small dinner - tuna and tried to watch one of the Masterpiece Theaters that i have recorded. I made it 20 minutes before I had to get up.

So, I wandered back to the computer - emailed some people but had to get up. (I have energy!!!!) I decided to take a bath - a full hot, steamy, bubbly bath. That only killed an hour from beginning to end. It's 9:08 and the only thing I can think to do is send my new friend an email, but I don't want to be a stalker. I responded to his mail this morning and now it's his turn. I think popping up in his mailbox at all hours of the day and night would make me look like a crazy person. Going slow is good... keep telling me that. Did I mention that if our ability to communicate in person is half as good as it is in email, I may be in trouble?

Hey Dave! (who is reading me right this second..)

ok... running away now.

No comments: