Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

tp gal calls a boy

After I came home from the gym, did laundry, changed the sheets and puttered around I summoned the courage to give e-boyfriend#2 a call.

I was surprisingly nervous and when an older woman answered the phone a thought ran through my head Does this guy live with his mother!? No, in fact I am an idiot. My cell phone has a 206 exchange and eb#2 lives on the east side. Duh.

A quick re-dial and bam, I'm talking with some guy I met on line. So, truth be told he seems very nice. First question was about my weekend and did it get better. "yes, and no" told him about June's party (so fun!) and then that my little cat died. We didn't stay on that topic too long because a) a single gal and a cat... not SEXY and b) more fun things to talk about.

We ran through the following topics: family (again), painting our condo's, work, he works for Costco Headquarters (what is that? the Architect had a connection to Costco as well... if Redmond does too I quit right here.) We talked IT security (holy hell,) wine trips, how we got to Seattle, and the best places to spend 4th of July weekend.

He suggested we get together and I agreed, but similar to the delay that I'm living with right now for Redmond, eb#2 has to wait until mid-July because of his vacationing parents and my hot - dry camping trip to Eastern Wa. after the 4th. We didn't set anything up, and the communication ball is back in his court. He may email or call.

The conversation was mostly fluid, but there were some blocks of silence where my head wandered off into the place of "oh, gosh what to we talk about next?" If/when we go out, I'll need to prepare a list of interview questions to keep the ball rolling.

I cracked a joke about my favorite thing about working downtown (it's easy to pick up your Heroin) and the guy didn't laugh. So then I had to explain that it was a joke, I would have thought he would have picked up on that after we had discussed my sick need to drive the speed limit and follow rules. Oh well, when I told him about the woman who answered the phone he joked that he lived with his mother and that he was only allowed to talk on the phone until 9, but then he had to go. So he is a little funny.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

I'm glad to see you've given up the heroin. I think that's wise.