Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

"Friends" who hate you...

Remember this story? tp gal and friends were supposed to go camping, and the weather turned south so she didn't go, and there was a lot of drama and the friendship died?

Well, the folks who withdrew their friendship have started attending my church again. It's been a couple years and yet it is kind of hard to see them.

Last weekend there wasn't a polite hello or even a friendly wave. I was told that they had to run to a sporting event. Yesterday, I decided that I was going to be the bigger person and walked over to say hello.

It was awkward and cold to say the least. I find it hurtful that after all this time I'm still somehow to blame and that in spite of my sincere efforts to be a good decent person that I'm the villain. The only good news is that for the first time Rico and Mrs. Rico saw the icy treatment in person. I don't think Rico believed me before.

I know that I have plenty of friends who appreciate me and who are willing to work things out if there are misunderstandings or breaches of etiquette. I don't 'need' friends like these, but I hope you can understand that it is a blow to the heart to have people you care for turn on you.

The other bright spot in my silly little story is that now that I made the effort to say hello, I never EVER have to do it again. They can go about their angry, unforgiving business and I'm going to be unconcerned.

No comments: