Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm a swinger!

A mood swinger that is (ha, made you flinch!)

This afternoon - pensive and obsessive. This early evening, back to "normal."

J and I had an excellent email exchange today regarding the state of things. Primarily around ensuring that we continue the "get to know you" portion of our evolution even though we are starting to see each other ALL THE TIME (a good thing.) It would be super easy to slip into a long term thing because we are so compatible without the important topics being explored.

You know topics like: dreams, hopes, goals, deal breakers, credit scores. His willingness to continue down that path and complete agreement that it is an important activity give me a lot of comfort.

Some of you have been with me a while. I have been ready, wanting, whining about the need for a partner since 1992 (damn, that is sad) but it is a scary thing to actually expose yourself. I'm open to it and enjoying myself greatly, but that doesn't mean that just because I've met this great guy that I'm immediately in love. Oh you'll know if I get there - not before J does, but you'll be on the "inform" list.

So, still home alone this evening. I'll be catching up on The Closer and maybe Project Runway. I'm pretty sure two hours of tv is too much to expect out of my crazy can't focus mind. Although, J and I did watch an entire movie on Sunday but we were holding hands - so that's cute right!? Or is it sticky sweet? I'm going with cute.

3 comments:

MWR said...

You can't let this go any further until you determine how he feels about gay abortion!

tp_gal said...

Do you mean gay adoption?

- asked and answered - btw.

MWR said...

I was making a joke.