Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Milestone

They say you're never supposed to ask a woman her age or how much she weighs. (The police can get away with it because if you don't answer they tazer you...but that's a different relationship.)

These rules don't apply to me either, especially in this forum. I'm 39 (T minus 22 days) and as of this morning I no longer weigh 200+ pounds! I'm a hair under, and I'm sure my yogurt this morning popped it back over the top, but in my world the first thing in the morning pre-shower weigh-in is the official weight.

I thought I would be elated and want to celebrate, but I'm a tad bummed because I bought these cute capri jeans a few weeks ago and the weather being what it was and schedules I couldn't wear them. Put them on today....too big.

I dug out a pair of size 16 jeans (with stretch) and I'm going to wear them today. They are snug (not moose-knuckle tight) but I'm hopeful that I'll get the gay-coworker seal of approval later on this morning. The only problem with the jeans is that they sit low on the hip and my "sexy" grandma underwear have to be tucked under so as not to peak out the back. I could go commando - but at work? No. Maybe it's time to update the underwear situation. It use to be that no one ever saw them, but that seems to be changing.

Speaking of, (I'm kidding) the date with J last night was fun. We met at his house where I (in the bathroom) stripped off the business clothes and eased into casual pants and t-shirt for the outdoor concert at the Pine Lake Park. We picked up his cousin and her husband and then headed over. J's cousin is about ten years younger, but we all got along great. I felt bad that we didn't have a baby or a dog to corral during the show, but the hoards of families didn't turn on us. I'm invited back... clearly I made an ok impression. Strange though, I got the "hobby" question again. "What are your hobbies?" This is a big deal and my answers are lame. I um... spend time with friends, blog, and read. I work out a lot...

I have scrapbook stuff, but no real desire to do it. I like photography but I am not nearly at the same level or skill as MWR, so I wouldn't call myself a photographer. I'm enjoying kissing these new boys. I don't think "kissing multiple men" is an appropriate answer to the hobby question.

Anyway...back to the "celebration." I do get to break out the sexy hot shoes now (just need a place to go.)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Congrats on the milestone! :)