Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Odd... Redmond is out

After a furious round of emails, some flirty some not Redmond and I agreed to finally meet, but alas tonight I got this email:

Just got back from dinner with Mom - terrific!

I've been reflecting on meeting with you tomorrow night; been thinking about it all day. Like I said in my profile, this computer dating thing is odd to me, and I feel like I've gotten into before I was really ready. There is a lot in my life right now that is quite "untidy", and it needs to be cleaned up before I can truly allow myself to open up to someone. I need to retract my invitation to you. I don't expect you to understand, nor am I at all implying that you made me uncomfortable at all. Just the opposite, as a matter of fact. This supercedes this whole "profile" thing, and it's important to me to get things right on a personal level.

I really appreciate that you would like to meet me, and I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Take care,

Redmond

I was sitting at the computer when it popped in so here was my reply:

Redmond,
Well, thanks for your honesty. I hope you are able to get things straight. I do understand about not being ready - I had an unfortunate round with eHarmony about a year ago and wasn't at all in a place where I was really open to getting out there. I'm finding that this dating thing is 90% what you give off and if you're not ready - you're just not.

Feel free to reach out if you change your mind or miss me (ha). You are also welcome to continue writing if you like. And please don't fret about "wasting my time" or hurting my feelings; I feel like you're someone I could really be friends with so that time spent on that can't at all be wasted.

To be 100% honest, I wondered when you said that you were moving (and were vague about it) if you weren't moving out of your house with the ex. It's just a hunch I had - and you don't need to confirm or deny that because ultimately it doesn't matter. What does matter is that you seem to be a decent guy, and I encourage you not to let the turmoil of what's going on in your personal life distract you too much from the fact that we all, you included have a right to be happy.

You stole my standard salutation "take care" so I'll leave you as, your friend,
T


It's too bad, but I'm not feeling it's about me. So other than a little disappointment about not being able to see this through, there's no fall out. I guess this means he won't be coming to the birthday party. Ha Ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrr . . . snarl! He's a flake and possibly also a fake. It was always weird that he was never able to meet. There's no real reason to believe he took all those business trips. I think that Scar, Goggles and I will pay "Redmond" a "little visit"--he's likely to have a whole different understanding of "untidy" after we finish with his trash. He may need to move again.

By the way, a small correction is in order, just a quibble, really. I am the only one of the raccoons who was Peter's friend. The others were indifferent to him. If I'm honest, Roger didn't like him. I think Peter sprayed Roger with urine one time. But I digress. Anyway, continued good luck with the dating. Don't worry about trying to stay friends with some douchewad you never even met.