Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hormones BLOW

Before my surgery my hormones rarely impacted my daily life. That was a bad thing for my body, but nice on the pocketbook, convenience factor and mood.

Now…mother nature is in full swing and damn it if I'm not subject to monthly mood swings.

Yesterday I was feeling needy and today I'm pensive and over-analyzing everything. I really don't know which is the worse mental defect to have. I solved yesterday's issues by extending a dinner invitation and not spending my evening alone. Tonight I think alone is the better option as I'm not sure I'm great company right now. For example I'm obsessing about an interaction I had at work yesterday and it's actually pissing me off that I can't get off the topic. There's nothing more to say or do on the issue and sharing it is frankly too boring even for this blog so I just need to move on. The need to do something and the ability to do it are different. I keep going over it and over it…I’m a crazy person.

In addition to being pensive and quiet (which is generally not a good sign for tpgal) I'm feeling overwhelmed with the new work responsibilities. In spite of the fact that the duties of my future-ex-boss are being spread out a LOT of it is coming my way. Some of it is work I don't really want to do, which makes it a challenge to engage. Whatever…they pay me well so I need to shut up. Maybe J. is a secret trust fund baby and I can quit and live off him. Yeah, because that would so be me… walking around Bell-Square with my dumb ass little dog in my designer purse spending someone else's money. Plus, I think 5 dates in might be too early to suggest that I quit my job and move in. Call me crazy but I don't think we're QUITE there yet.

No comments: