Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sorry....life taking over

I was informed this afternoon that the 'people' are waiting for a new blog entry.

I spent the evening yesterday with my friend Ali who is about to leave the NW on a sailboat with her man Captain Tiz. They are taking a year and heading around the world - first to the San Juans for a practice run and then to Mexico. They want to eventually end up in the Mediterranean and spend time in Europe.

After months of work on the boat, she's ready to go. They are leaving next week and Ali invited her 'girls' over for a night of beverages, games and general merriment. I was invited to sleep over, which I did. The little guest berth was quite comfortable and I can see where if you can stand wearing the same clothes day after day after day that boat life could be really appealing.

The "guest room" can sleep two, but you would have to be really friendly and not at all claustrophobic. I've been invited to head down in the spring to Mexico but we'll see what the vacation plans for next year brings.

Right now, I'm focused on work (NOT), my birthday event, a hoped for 'business trip' in September, a weekend in Long Beach with J (fun!) and then that little 21 day European thing. I'm trying to talk J into being the guest blogger while I'm away. He might be up for it. I wouldn't want you to have to endure 22 days of no updates.

Looking ahead, I'm into November with plans already. How can that be? I'm just not that popular and yet….NOVEMBER!? There are a couple weekends scattered throughout that aren't spoken for, but I may guard them with my life.

Labor day weekend is open and I may subject J to a road trip to "meet the parents" but don’t tell him. I probably should ask him first. (Again, maybe I don't understand this whole Internet thing.) So Mom… I'm not talking about coming over for the weekend. Maybe we can do the Roslyn thing on Saturday or Sunday. I'll talk to J and then give you a call. If it doesn't work out, prepare yourself that it may be November before there's an actual face to face meeting.

Ali suggested that we do a cross parent meeting. I'm all - like why!? She gave me some song and dance about apples and trees, and I'm thinking "I KNOW", which is why the cross parent meeting thing seems scary. What if they take one look at my people and decide I'm not worthy of their little boy? (My people are wonderful…but we are afflicted with a terrible problem of sounding like idiots when trying to make a good impression.)

Drat… my boss just vetoed my conference request for September. It would have been really fun too. Oh well; I'll just have to call in sick that week and pretend I'm in Arizona.

Crap…. Fire drill. That's twice this week. Got to go.

No comments: