Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trying New Things...

(Snoqualmie Falls - taken last weekend.)


So, last night at about 10:30 J talked me into something I've never done before. I'm a little nervous, but I will willingly try it - at least once.

(are you afraid yet?)

Next weekend we are going to do... SeaFair.


I have lived in the Seattle area since December of 1990 and have NEVER done SeaFair activities. I always manage to get the hell out of dodge, or quietly hole up in my little world and ignore it. I hear it can be fun and since I'm assured that I don't have to do any driving there's no reason not to participate. We won't be doing the drunken boat activities, but moving into a large crowd to watch the Blue Angels - it will be fun.

Plus... at this stage of dating, he could pretty much invite me to a museum devoted to orange postage stamps and I would likely go. I'm not proud, I will admit that I'm enjoying every dang minute we spend together.

I'm meeting him later this morning for breakfast and then we're off to the races - literally. I haven't been to Emerald Downs since I worked at "the" hotel *shiver* and that was a private event put on by the company that provides pre-made food for hotels and restaurants. It was "yummy". Tomorrow we're off for a day of driving across the region - Issaquah to Ballard to Bellevue to Issaquah. So much for gas conservation.

I am doing something today that may be a little forward considering J and I have only been seeing each other for TWO WEEKS. (oh my...I feel like he's been part of my world for much much longer.) I'm um... taking him better soap for his guest bathroom (the one I use.) He's got some stinky lavender berry bull-shit happening and I HATE IT. My hands stink when I finish up, and I'm the kind of gal who does wash her hands after using the loo. I'm not trying to take over his world (yet?) but I can't have stinky hands. I bought a 90 pack of soft soaps at my last Costco run so I'm just bringing one over. We'll see if he flips out. I doubt he'll mind as he's pretty even keeled and this isn't the same thing as, I don't know, moving furniture in his house, relocating art, or rummaging through the closets and dumping the New Kids on The Block T-shirts. For the record these are all hypothetical scenarios... I've seen no evidence NKOTB t's and the furniture is acceptably placed.

ok... I think I gotta run. Must actually get dressed before showing up for our day of fun.

Wait, one last thing. I hit "the rack" yesterday at lunch to buy some underwear because with the new smaller pants the grandma panties sticking up out of the top just doesn't scream "sassy". I bought some lovely and kind of provocative items. Last night I tried them on and I almost passed out because I was laughing so hard. I'm clearly NOT ready for super "sexy" underwear yet. I'll drop those in the back of the drawer and try again later. The little pink cotton briefs are cute. Cute I can handle and make sassy if I need to. The overtly sexy ones just look really silly.

Oh no, she's blogging about underwear. Time to go.

No comments: