Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Holy Can't Focus Batman!

If you thought I was distracted and unfocused before you should meet me today. (I'm technically at lunch right now, so I shouldn't be overly judged for blogging during the day.)

So far today all I've accomplished is fedexing Misty's laptop to Arizona, finished my SOX testing (which took all of 15 minutes), emailed the girls about the weekend's development and participated in two teleconference meetings. I'm trying to figure out what time I can leave today and not have it look like job abandonment... 12:30? Probably not.

Due to vacations, babies and flipped ATV's all my work friends that I could kill time with are gone. I have to just sit here and work. It's terrible - I know there are kids in Africa who don't have jobs, but it's summer, I'm hanging out with a great new guy and work frankly just doesn't compete.

I have to tell you about what J did that completely made my heart flip. He came over Sunday for my condo's lame BBQ and I had to leave him for 15 minutes in my house while I went back to help clean up. I handed him the remotes so he could entertain himself. When I got back he had the dang things programmed so one remote worked all my my TV devices. (swoon) It is a completely dumb thing and yet even now it makes me smile.

He should be careful, if he gets my damn wireless router to work I may thank him in an unladylike way, upstairs neighbor who can hear everything be damned. Some girls like flowers which I do, but tech support lasts longer and is kinda hot!

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Isn't it funny how the little things mean the most? That is TOTALLY something my husband would do... and does for all our friends and family...

Here's to hoping that he gets you all technically juiced up!