Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Home... Good

The shower I took yesterday was so wonderful that I'm hard pressed to compare it to anything of late. Yes... it was even better than necking on my couch with the Architect. That's significant.

I slept in this morning and then took a carload of too big clothes to goodwill. I spent some quality time at the gym before having my feet repaired at Formosa Nail. (They really only do one nail at a time.) I did tip big, and brought THE shoes for a color matching. I have hopes of getting to wear them Saturday, but am right now putting off calling the Architect. I don't really know what that's about - maybe I'm worried he'll decline my exciting offer of dinner and more kissing.

I do have a date tomorrow with eBoyfriend #2. He asked that I call him when I got back to town, so last night we had a nice second phone call while I unpacked. He did make me laugh a couple times, and seems like a genuinely nice guy. (I don't mean 100% kiss of death "nice" - but a decent person.) We'll be at the Red Door Beer and Wine House in Renton at 5pm if you feel like you want an in person preview of the date recap. I like the Red Door because they have a great wine selection and it's tapas which should be less of an issue food wise. I'm having a little anxiety over explaining why I don't really eat to a new dude. (I haven't shared food yet with the Architect, but have mentioned the significant weight loss.) eBoyfriend#2 seems smart and not at all like someone who would bolt when he found out I was "special" so I'm sure it's more of a me thing. Maybe it won't come up.

If I don't call the Architect now, I won't be able to do it until after 9 - and I don't want him to think I'm making a booty call - especially on what is for him a school night.

I went for a walk today with a lady from my church. Darcy is 50 and her husband died last winter. She and I had met casually a few times, but I ran into her at the blurry baptism a couple weeks ago and I suggested since we are neighbors that we go walking every now and then. She's really sweet and is just now starting to dip her toes in the dating pool again. We walked for an hour and discussed dating the whole time. It's all I can talk about these days... Obama who????

I'm off to dinner with Ali so I'm done for now. Wish me luck tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We, the condo complex's raccoons, feel like we are being left in the dark, not that we don't naturally thrive there. We thought THE ARCHITECT said he wasn't interested in dating and you were going to be "just friends". Have there been further developments? Inquiring mammals want to know.